You care about your loved one but you cannot protect their assets, pay bills or even make decisions on where they should live. Unfortunately your loved one did not execute Advance Directives. So, your next step is to commence a Guardianship proceeding in Court to be appointed legal guardian. For individuals (other than developmentally disabled), you need an Article 81 Guardianship and will need an attorney to assist you with the filing court papers and attendance at a Court hearing. Once appointed, you will be able to pay bills, make health care decisions and even implement Medicaid and tax planning, if necessary.

Learn more about our services.

Additional Questions: